Countdown to the New York Marathon

Monday, January 17, 2011

Milestones and Donations

It has been a week in which two significant milestones have been reached. Not least was raising the first $1,000 for SEE solutions in just over a week! Strictly speaking it took me until Sat 15th Jan against a target date of Friday 14th Jan, but we got there in the end and it is thanks to the wonderful generosity of so many people in my life - they know who they are!

I set a challenge of 100 people, $100 each to reach $10,000 and so far 10 people have taken up that challenge in a one off payment, several have let me know they will donate $100 in installments over time, and others have donated what they can afford.  I am truly grateful for each of these and it never ceases to amaze me how blessed I am by the support of my friends and colleagues.

The other milestone has been running for over 10mins at a time, although there was a minor set back on Friday when a bad nights sleep resulted in being rather stiff and it was like my legs were lumps of wood, I had no knees and my hips were rusty hinges - Blah!! Tomorrow is a new day, the first of this weeks runs lies ahead and I look forward to that being by the beach in cool coastal air, with the smell of the sea and the sound of the waves as company.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mike,
    I ALMOST wrote that your muffin top is hairier than mine but I was much too polite :)
    Congratulations on reaching the $1000 milestone,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete