Countdown to the New York Marathon

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

QF107 to New York is departing ... TODAY!

The time is finally upon me and upon us all! 

Despite some turbulence over the weekend (some minor disruption at an airline?) tomorrow all 47 of us taking part in this Inspired Adventure will congregate in New York for the final few days leading to the culmination of 10 months effort! Running the New York Marathon for Charity!

This late night post will be my last before New York, I promised to explain how to follow me so anyone who wants to watch it live, or simply check in at 6am and see if I'm still alive and running can do so.  

Go to the official NY Marathon website runner tracking page and look for "TrackMyRunners via Web" (a free web service available on race day) or get the "Join In, Mobile Spectator App" ($2.99, iPhone and Android).   

My bib number is 49255 and I'm in Blue Wave #3, Corral #49 and my start time is 10:40am New York time which is about 01:40am Monday 7th in Sydney.  

4 days, 7 hours left on the official countdown timer, so many emotions and thoughts, so many expectations, hopes and concerns, so many unknowns! 

Ultimately, I wake up early tomorrow, put my bags in the car and start the first leg of what will be a 24 hour journey to arrive in one of the most famous and frenetic cities in the world and 3 days later run a 42KM race for people who struggle to feed their families.  That fact is enormously sobering and makes me realise what a great privilege it is to be given the opportunity to do this.  How fortunate am I to be able to take have an opportunity like this and to use it to transform the lives and worlds of some of the poorest people in the world. 

As of today, I have raised $10,935 for World Vision's SEE Solutions, the World Vision Team has raised $121,350.06 as a whole.  That is an enormous effort and one that will make a huge difference to so many people!

No matter how my race is run (or walked) on Sunday, it has a purpose and one of which I am proud to be part.  42.2KM, and every step dedicated to the transformation of lives around the world.  

Now I'm READY! 
Now I'm EXCITED!

1 comment:

  1. Very unique and creative writing. Keep writing and share with us. Thank you so much for share with us.

    Thanks & Regards,
    accommodation mornington peninsula

    ReplyDelete